Best Magnet Mount CB Antenna
With more than hundred different CB antennas available on the market, trying to determine what is the best magnet mount CB Antenna for your vehicle becomes a difficult task. However, fear not! Below is our selection that we consider to be the best available for you.
As you have probably guessed from the name, the magnet mounts structured to secure the antenna to your vehicle. It comes with everything needed included in one package, the magnetic mount, the coax, and in some cases the whip antennas included.
It consists of coil assembled at the base at the bottom of the antenna, transmits, and receives from 3 to 7 miles – this all depends on conditions and mounting location of the antenna.
Pros of Magnet Mount CB Antenna
- For all metal roof vehicles, nothing beats the performance of a tall magnet mount antenna and provides the best performance providing great signal
- It is easy to install as most other antennas require drilling to install – where the magnet mount CB antenna installs easily, clean your rooftop, set in place, and bobs your uncle you are done
Cons of using Magnet Mount CB Antenna
- With the magnet mount you will enjoy great performance, however, might have clearance issues as the antenna is located high on the vehicle
- Many magnetic mount antennas use a whip antenna inserted into the base and very thin and while riding the top portion of the whip could hit a tree limb and bend away – however if it catches the whip lower it is likely to break
Firestik K-11 Magnet Mount w/18′ Coax
The Firestik K-11 Magnet Mount w/18’ Coax comes with a 4.9 inch base and made with a ceramic magnet base constructed with a heavy steel cup to concentrate the magnetic field. At the bottom of the magnet mount, it consists of an adhesive backed Mylar disk to protect the vehicle. Includes you receive an 18” Fire-Flex coaxial cable with FireStik Fire-Ring connector. The mount works well with the Firestik antenna range.
- The Firestik K-11 is a magnet mount for the Firestik range antenna and has a 4.9 inch base
- It is made up of a heavy steel cup ceramic magnet base to help concentrate the magnetic field
- It has a protective adhesive backed Mylar disk, preventing your vehicle from being scratched
- It is supplied with a 18 inch Fire-Flex coaxial cable assembled and includes a Fire-Ring connector
Cobra CBRHGA1500 36-Inch Base-Load Medium Magnet Mount 300W CB Antenna
For small vehicles the Cobra CBRHGA1500 magnet mount CB antenna works great mounted on the back of the vehicle and removable. It has 300-watt handling power with a range of 26-30 MHz frequency. The antennas, weather channel capable, and a based loaded medium magnet mount CB antenna. It comes with a SO 239 connector and black stainless steel whip included.
- The Cobra CBRHGA1500 is a magnetic mount antenna
- It comes with 300 watt handling power
- It ranges from 26-30 MHz frequency
- Is weather channel able
- The CB antenna comes with a SO 239 connector included and black stainless steel whip
Cobra HG A 1000 Base-Load Small Mount 100W CB
The Cobra GH A1000 Base-Load Small Mount performs well and ranges up to 1.5 miles when on an open road. The antenna comes tuned for one channel and handles 100 watts with a frequency range of 26-30 MHz and weather channel capable. It comes with an SO 239 connector and black stainless steel whip antenna. The antenna works great installed on the trunk of the vehicle and great for Jeep trails.
- The Cobra GH A1000 comes with 100 watt handling power
- It has a range from 26-30 MHz frequency
- It is weather channel capable
- It is a small base loaded mount CB antenna that includes a SO 239 connector and black stainless steel whip
Midland 18-2442 Mobile CB Antenna
The Midland 18-2442 Mobile CB Antenna is a center load magnetic mount antenna and comes with a soft rubber to protect the paint of your vehicle. It comes with a 15 ft cable and the antenna is about 30” tall with the base included. Provided with the mobile CB antenna is a pre-wired cable and connector and works well with the Midland Mobile CB radio and Uniden PRO505XL CB radio and requires tuning.
- The Midland 18-2442 mobile CB antenna is a center loaded magnetic mount antenna
- It comes with a 17-7 stainless steel whip and pre-wired cable with connector
- It works with all Midland CB radios
Roadpro 36 inches Magnet Mount CB Antenna Kit with spring 17feet Coax Cable Base Loaded RP-707
The Roadpro 36 inches Magnet Mount CB antenna kit comes with a base loaded CB antenna with spring and 17’ coax cable with strong magnetic base. This affordable antenna, kept in place on the vehicle by a spring preventing tree branch and the wind from blowing it off. With the antenna, you can hear up to four miles away, although the official specs advise the range is five miles. The antenna is pre-tuned and with some after adjustments, it puts out a great signal.
- The Roadpro CB Antennas available in 36 inch magnet mount kit
- It comes with a spring loaded base with 17 inch coax cable
- It ranges up to 5 miles and pre-tuned